Friday, October 3, 2008

Woa!

We are on!

Tomorrow we do our HCG shot, Monday is the retrieval, and Tuesday will be the tubal ZIFT procedure. It all happened so fast! I was totally expecting to have time to get it together at school....now I am scrambling! It is all a little overwhelming. I know S is feeling overwhelmed! I usually am never overwhelmed and S is easily...but I am feeling it.

On our last IVF we had a TET. This is where they inject the egg into the f. tubes on day 3. It is of course more expensive... :0( ...about $1400 more than traditional IVF. The doctor is doing ZIFT this time (still a transfer into the tubes). The difference is that they will pull the eggs out on Monday and put them back in on Tuesday.

Supposedly, odds are higher! It is also better for women who are 39+because their eggs are more fragile and exposure to the outside environment can damage them at a higher rate then someone who has younger eggs. A possible reason for the chemical pregnancy last time? Maybe. However because their is a one day turn around, they won't be able to monitor the eggs for many days and choose the "top" eggs. Pros and Cons. Nerve wracking. I can see that I am going to be talking S down from possible melt downs as we discuss this. I am sure the doctor only wants what is best and is taking the best course of action for us. This is still so scary though! It's hard to trust someone and spend oodles of mu la.....but a part of me is calmer this time. Maybe because my gut is telling me that this time it is going to work. Or maybe it is because we have been through this before. Maybe both! A part of me is absolutely thrilled....and I can squeak in excitement! Another part of me is nervous...nervous like you are about to speak or perform in front of an audience!

Time will tell what will happen to us....and our story. Thanks for listening and waiting with us. Have a nice weekend!

No comments: